Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Where to Start

A few of you have talked about wanting to start doing better in your homes. It's important to do so without guilt and while letting go of the idea of perfection!

Start with the Flylady at "Flying Lessons." I encourage you to follow her process for the whole thing, because she does have a wonderful system and she understands our dilemmas SO very well. I'll write more about that later.

Anyway, there are two phrases that have stuck in my head that help me do better in my home.

The FlyLady says, "Even housework done incorrectly still blesses your home." This is true!

And my favorite FlyGirl says this to me when I get whiny about the things I should do, "You'll feel better if you do." She's right! Doing these things isn't about being a responsible adult who does all their boring chores. It's about feeling better because you live in a less stressful environment, because by sticking to our routines we cut down on our overall work, because it just feels really damn good to crawl into a well made bed with clean sheets.

Now I have routines to do! I'm going to make my bed first today, but instead of hopping immediatly into the shower I'm going to put on workout clothes, pop the baby in the backpack and go for a walk.

First I need to pay rent (on time!), then I will pick up my wedding ring from the jeweler's, and I might just swing by the post office and drop a few notes in the mail.

Everyone have an excellent day, and do yourself a favor and sign up for the FlyLady! There are FlyGuys, too, so my bachelor buddies shouldn't be turned off by the ... purple ... of the whole thing.

1 comment:

212degreedesigns said...

: }

tanks! lady!

i'm glad you're my friend.